Saturday, July 11, 2009

Goals

I don't like goals. Chalk it up to my fear of failure, but I don't like to make them often. If I do they are usually a secret. I also do not like to be legalistic about things, but I can't handle not doing something I say I'm going to do. grrr. The fact of the matter is I am also a person who does well with accountability, so I am going to go public with a few goals I have. I'm still figuring out how to make some of these happen, but feel free to check on me anytime. I will feel loved :)



In no particular order


  • Play my guitar once a week.

  • Memorize a piece of scripture once a month, involve the kids in this somehow (could use a partner in this, any takers?)

  • Have REAL quiet time at least once or twice a week (this means, Bible open when there are no kids around, reading & praying w/ possible journaling for at least 20minutes if not more)

  • Get to the gym at least 3x a week

  • Sew something at least once a month

  • Complete a organization/de-cluttering project once a month

  • Be more consistent with kids on their chores.

  • Lose weight (overall health, and I don't want to buy any clothes in a bigger size!)

  • Learn more about simplifying life, through less spending and reducing possessions as well as appreciating nature and family time instead of turning to movies and Internet.

I know there is more, but I will start with that. I think I need to print this and put it somewhere I will see it so I don't forget.

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Love the goals - what a great idea to post them...and yet vulnerable. Yikes - I should try to do the same!

tines said...

what great goals! you're inspiring me! good job mel! xo

Markchop said...

these are good goals! have you heard of dave ramsey's financial peace university? I'm going thru that with my wife and it's really helping! i think it could help with the last goal :-D

His Peace!