Saturday, April 3, 2010

letting go of the pb eggs


I've received 3 Easter cards. All from people on my side of the family. I don't' send Easter cards. I don't send any card except for birthdays and Christmas. However, Easter is the biggest deal. Without Easter all the other holidays wouldn't really matter. So why don't we send cards at Easter? I have been trying to do more with my children each year as they grow and learn. They know that Easter is about Jesus and not chocolate and eggs and bunnies or those awful peeps. (sorry to you peep lovers out there, but ick) My daughter told me that she told a girl on her bus about Easter and Jesus because the girl "didn't know about it." This makes me feel warm and fuzzy. That is probably the best way to celebrate Easter, telling others what it's really about. I'm thankful my 6 year old reminded me of this. I need to be challenged with the following question: if there were no more peanut butter eggs (my fave) at Easter, would I really be okay with that? I think so. I know so.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Sorry for the PB temptation. It was the only candy I sent this year, but PTL for E's sweet reminder. When no one is around for the holiday it's easy to just let it go quietly by, but I did question myself about how much effort I put in for Christmas compared to Resurrection Day.