Thursday, April 10, 2008

Velcro

"No, but I will surely buy it from you for a price, for I will not offer burnt offerings to the Lord my God which cost me nothing." 2 Samuel 24:24

I read this yesterday and was challenged in how I live for the Lord, how I give to Him. I will say to Him, "Anywhere, anytime, anything Lord." But my life often lives a "anywhoodie... la de da" and I'll ignore the Holy Spirit's leading and go my own way. I suppose I don't do that in all things, but mostly in the things that will cost me something when the push comes to shove. And it's funny because I really think I would obey in the big public things. It's the little things that affect my comfort zone that are the challenge. But then I'm not doing it for the Lord but for me, which is why perhaps He doesn't let me out too much these days. And what does it cost me really? If I truly believe that our time here is a just a breath, does it really cost me anything? It costs me my pride. That thing I keep trying to throw away but it sticks like Velcro. So I'll just have to keep ripping it off.

sidenote: in the previous post I mentioned a missing piece. so yesterday I put the puzzle away and 20min. later I found the piece...grrr...

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Thanks for the verse... I was thinking about it the last few days and didn't know why. I knew I read it somewhere and then late last night I remembered it was here. Ouch - some things cost too much! (and I don't mean gas prices either)