Friday, April 3, 2009

Bulletin Cover 3/15

I recently had a week where I made some mistakes. Yes, everyone makes mistakes, but these were the kind of mistakes that were made in front of others and I was called on them. It’s not so bad when you mess up and no one knows it. It’s easier for me to brush that off and move on in life. However, the times where I publicly say something stupid or arrogant, (my mouth is usually what gets me into trouble) and people take notice, are the times when I am really knocked down by my sin. When everybody else sees it I can’t pretend it didn’t happen and I am forced to deal with it. I have to recognize that I need the Lord. I am reminded that I cannot coast through life on mealtime prayers, and Sunday morning attendance. I desperately need God with His grace and mercy. So I read the scriptures and I cry out to Him and He tells me He loves me. He tells me that He came for the foremost of sinners, not those who trust in their own righteousness. He tells me these things and again I am humbled and thankful. Even in my sin He has chosen to use me as an example of how far His love and patience reach. I’d rather He use me to show others something that doesn’t involve me falling on my face in the mud. But that is the attitude that sends me to the mud in the first place. I don’t like to have that kind of a week, but I’m sure that I need to be knocked down every now and again so I can be reminded of Who is holding me up.


“And the grace of our Lord was more than abundant, with the faith and love which are found in Christ Jesus. It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among who I am foremost of all. Yet for this reason I found mercy, so that in me as the foremost, Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.” 1 Timothy 1:14-17

1 comment: