Sunday, February 22, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook


I saw this on a friend's blog a while a back. I've been trying to journal more as well as use this blog more and I thought this might be a good writing exercise as well as a way to stop and reflect on the simple things. I hope to do this consistently on Mondays. I'd also like to add a verse that I read that dad.

Verse for the day:
For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!" The spirit also testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.
Romans 8:16-17 NAS

My Simple Woman’s Daybook For today... Feb 23, 2009
Outside my Window...blue skies with a few dabs of clouds, and very cold wind

I am thinking… about my dream that brad pitt came to my old church and i kept trying to talk to him about why he was there but it never happened before i woke up...weird.

I am thankful for… growing friendships

From the kitchen… right now it's just my coffee

From the learning rooms… e is wanting to learn to read and really picking up on it! love this.

I am wearing… black comfy pants, black cami, brown sweater and ugly blue socks


I am reading… various parts of my Bible, and getting back into Under the Overpass: A Journey of Faith on the Streets of America, by Mike Yankoski

I am hoping… for warmer weather soooooon

I am hearing… the still of a house with sleeping children (whom i need to get up)


I am creating…mostly ideas for some sewing projects


Around the house… I'm trying to think of ways to reduce clutter in our bedroom, it overwhelms me!

One of my favorite things…lately v has been such a charmer and loves to give kisses, i do wish they weren't so sloppy, but that's part of the fun.


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week… get ready for truth project tomorrow, watching other kids, considering whether or not it would be worth it to set fire to my bedroom.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you…

2 comments:

tines said...

i liked reading this! more more! i hear you have some elli clothes for me? thanks:) ah, and yes, i've heard that tidying up ones bedroom is a great thing to do...D commented on ours the other night (i've considerably simplified things in there & started making the bed really well daily) & i think it blessed him, which made me very happy. but trust me, i'm overwhelmed with my organizing too. we can start a support group:) love you. xo

Deanna said...

I will have to tell you the reason my bedroom just got really, really clean.
It helps to have someone else living in there for 2 weeks.
It is probably cleaner than it ever has been before!
Love your Daybook entry. Isn't it fun. I look forward to more!